macOS Mojave, Xcode 10.0

I have a macOS "command line tool" in ObjC that was working fine through macOS
High Sierra. It asserts an ad-hoc network using CWInterface
-startIBSSModeWithSSID:security:channel:password:error:

Now, on Mojave, it generates an error:

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named
com.apple.airportd was invalidated." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The
connection to service named com.apple.airportd was invalidated.}

My hunch is that the com.apple.security.network.client entitlement is now
required.

Running a "codesign -d --entitlements :-" on the binary shows only 1
entitlement:

<key>com.apple.security.network.client</key>
  <true/>

Since a command line tool has no associated Entitlements.plist file, how do I
add the com.apple.security.network.client entitlement to the binary?

-Carl