> On Jan 18, 2019, at 3:18 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 18, 2019, at 1:04 PM, Quinn The Eskimo! <eski...@apple.com
>> <mailto:eski...@apple.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Implementing TLS for a peer-to-peer product like this one is not without its
>> challenges,
>
> It would be easy, if Apple provided a WebSocket API. I really, really wish
> Apple would provide one. (And yes, I did file a Radar requesting it, six or
> seven years ago.)

There is an implication here that a WebSocket API would support both a client
and a server. Does your radar explicitly ask for client and server? Do you
happen to have the radar number handy?

WebSockets will provide framing, which can make some things easier but it won’t
help with TLS, especially when it comes to each side validating the identity of
the peer.

Thanks,
-josh