It was suggested on the jigsaw-dev list that I raise this issue here.
The jeps command appears to have no /usr/bin symlink.

which jdeps
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_40.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/jdeps

I believe this command was introduced with JDK 8.

One thing that I considered a minor issue is that this misses the JDK 9 early
access I have installed.

It was indicated by Mandy Chung on the jigsaw-dev list that...
> /usr/bin/j* are linked to
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands
> probably part of OS install and I guess it's a snapshot of JDK 7
> commands.

If this is true, ‘part of OS install’, I would guess they may not of even been
updated for JDK 7, and no new Java commands from Java 6 on will ever have OS X
/usr/bin links going forward.

That seems to be the concern?

Michael Hall