> On Mar 6, 2016, at 7:01 AM, Robert Krüger <krue...@lesspain.de> wrote:

> When I set creation date using a cocoa call
> (NSFileManager:setAttributes:ofItemAtPath:error:) mapped to java, behaviour
> is as expected and creation date is changed. I filed a jdk bug report (Review
> ID: JI-9031479).

OK, should be a long term fix unless they decide for some reason changing this
should not be allowed and that is for some reason the ‘expected behavior’.
I think one of the posts I had a url on said it doesn’t work on Linux systems
either.

I could add it to mine based on your code, or you could I guess, the source is
on github. As I remember you would need to specify my OS X specific
filesystem(provider) as a jvm launch parameter. It is the same as the usual I
think (falling through to the default filesystem(provider) for about everything
except adding the additional OS X file attribute views.
Again a lot of the api’s don’t support update as I was sort of waiting for
interest on the read only attributes, which hasn’t yet really been indicated,
before making the code ‘more serious’.
It does have a currently non-functioning WatchService, so if you need one of
those that works it might not be for you. Although, I may of had a property
switch or something that let you fallback to the default there as well. It’s
been a while for most of this, I don’t remember.

Michael Hall