On May 12, 2010, at 5:54 PM, Jonathon Kuo wrote:

Before I lay down some cash, does anyone know the difference between Apple USB keyboard models A1243 and MB110LL/A? From the online images, I can't tell the difference.

Any given Apple part has two or three part numbers. The MB.... is a sales product ID. The A.... is something else that I don't quite understand, but I run into it most often on batteries, where it isn't very helpful because the A numbers appear to be REUSED after a few years (e.g., I seem to remember that there are several different batteries marked A1071, and they aren't interchangeable). Then there is a repair part number, which looks something like 666-1234, which is the most specific of all -- in fact, the same identical part (e.g., a G4 power supply box) may have MORE than one of those numbers, depending on what machine it went in.

So all of this is a roundabout way of saying that you may indeed be looking at the very same part under both numbers.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.