On Jul 16, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Steven DeWitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I bought one of the new MacBook Pros several months ago. For several years I
> have also had an Airport Extreme router. About 2 weeks ago my laptop began
> consistently losing the router connection as soon as I take it any more than
> about 10 feet away from the router. A Dell laptop in the same living space
> continues to work fine on the same router connection no matter what the
> distance from the router. I have not made any recent changes to settings on
> my laptop or the router so this is a mystery to me. Any suggestions? Much
> appreciated.

To check for a weak Airport card or bad antenna, put the MBP into "create a
network" mode on a different channel, then use a second laptop to report on the
signal strength it sees at various distances from the MBP.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.