>> I was wondering if anyone has encountered the issue with the unibody MBPs
>> where it won't go to sleep on it's own.  A friend of mine is having this
>> issue, sleep does work if they are not logged in so I suspect a corrupted
>> plist or something running in the background.  They claim to not have
>> anything running in the background and this only started happening recently.
>>  Does anyone have any ideas on what plists or other things it could be?
>>
>> She has no BT connections, and it happens even if she unplugs any external
>> devices.

I experienced this behavior recently, but finally figured out it was because I
had left Speakable Items on, using a keyword trigger.  Any background noise in
the room resulted in CPU activity, therefore the machine never even went to
screen saver.

--
  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.