On Dec 16, 2012, at 7:58 PM, LuKreme wrote:

> Macs R We spake on Sunday 16-Dec-2012@17:41:53
>> Lion and Mountain Lion both create "hidden" recovery partitions.  If I keep
>> an external drive with Lion in one partition and Mountain Lion in another,
>> are their respective recovery partitions going to collide?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'collide' but the Recovery Partition will be
> 10.8. (As I understand it, 10.7 will not overwrite an existing recovery
> partition, and 10.8 will update a Recovery Partition to 10.8).

As long as a 10.8 recovery partition will correctly service the 10.7 OS
partition on the same drive, I suppose it wouldn't be a problem, but will it?
Right of the top of my head, I suspect things like Repair Permissions would get
wonky, probably some other things.

--
 Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
   in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.