It's somewhat surprising that you did all this sophisticated terminal-based
research, but completely overlooked one of the most public meters!  :-)

In System Information, under Power, last few lines of Battery Information:

  Battery Installed:    Yes
  Amperage (mA):        0
  Voltage (mV): 12515

Since watts = volts x amps, 600mA is about 7.5 watts.

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Michael <keybou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So a quick question. How much power is 600 mA? (Macbook pro)
>
> I have determined, via "pmset -g rawlog", that when running on battery, the
> difference between integrated video, and discrete video with an external
> monitor attached, is about 600 mA. How would I use that to determine the
> actual wattage/power usage of hooking up an external monitor?
>
> (What is the voltage of that battery that is providing the 600mA?)
>
> ---
> Entertaining minecraft videos
> http://YouTube.com/keybounce

  Macs R We -- Personal Macintosh Service and Support
    in the Wickenburg and far Northwest Valley Areas.
                            http://macsrwe.com