Hi,

I have always used Apple Mail, both at home and at work.  Yesterday I got a
message from a sysadmin at work saying that I had clicked on a link in a
phishing email.  I contacted him to say that I had not clicked on anything in
that email.  He seemed to say that Apple Mail tries to pre-load emails (or
things/links in emails), which is similar to the user clicking on a link.  I
may not have the details quite right, but that is the essence of what I believe
he was saying.  They use Microsoft Exchange servers at work, so this may be in
the context of using Apple Mail with an Exchange server.

In this case, he said that the malicious link/web site had already been
blocked, so this did not create a problem.  However, it left me wondering if
this is a shortcoming with Apple Mail that I should be concerned about.  I also
use Apple Mail at home, and at home I do not have a team of sysadmins who might
block these phishing emails (though perhaps my ISP does, but I doubt it).

Can anyone shed additional light on this?  Thanks,

Gregg