OK, I thought you were saying it only rebooted when you weren't there to watch
it.

When I encountered this behavior recently, I found there was corruption in the
APFS snapshots. Unfortunately, I found this only after the machine committed
total hara-kiri, because Disk Utility was entirely too incompetent to detect
any problem at all, and DiskWarrior still can't handle APFS. The problem was
entirely undetectable until macOS finally diagnosed it by refusing to boot at
all.. and by that time it was impossible for macOS to correct.

An early symptom of the problem was that Time Machine backups had (silently)
stopped running — they'd launch, spend a lot of time "preparing," then stop
with no message. Heroic attempts to diagnose/correct that problem also failed
completely, but subsequent experience indicates it was another effect of the
same corruption.

My advice is for you to keep an actual clone copy up to date (on a non-APFS
drive) so you'll have something to recover from on the day macOS finally wakes
up and realizes, "Looka that, I'm dead!"