On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 12:26 PM, Chris Nandor wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sherm Pendley) wrote:

I've thought about adding perldoc:// links to ShuX - one important step
was making it document-based, and that's done now.

Note that Shuck, as you may know, already uses pod:. Might make sense to
use it for both. But OTOH, you might want it to work differently from how
pod: works, and you might want to let people continue to use pod: for Shuck.

I can't imagine too many people would want to use both. Anyway, once we have two compatible reference implementations, we could submit our scheme to the relevant standards body. ;-)

Here's what I have in mind - is it somewhat close to what Shuck does?

(perldoc|pod)://[servername]/Pod/Name.pm

The server name is optional. If it's given the POD document is retrieved from the named server using HTTP. If not, the given path is a local filesystem path.

sherm--

Each language has its purpose, however humble. Each language expresses the Yin and Yang of software. Each language has its place within the Tao.

But do not program in COBOL if you can avoid it.

-- The Tao of Programming