At 16:12 -0700 10/16/03, Ingles, Juan W. wrote:
>I wonder: Is this because
>/opt/local/bin/perl   points to the perl 5.6 binary
>or
>5.6 binary path is hard coded in BBEdit

I don't have any /opt/local/bin/. None was created by the CPAN perl 5.8 install in
July 2002

> > which perl
>on the terminal will tell you what binary you are launching

It just says /usr/bin/perl and says nothing about what it links to.

When I installed 5.8 I had to recreate the link for /usr/bin/perl manually and that
fixed up almost everything but BBEdit 6.x was in vogue at the time and worksheets were
brand new.

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who don't
<--