On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Paul McCann wrote:

Hi Conrad,
        you wrote...

I jumped too soon. I tested the MacOSX::File install under Panther and it
failed with these errors:

I tried using gcc 2.95 instead of 3.3 and got further but still errored... I
don't have time right now to try and debug it but maybe later.

If you check the archives of this list the errors are acknowledged and a patch has been supplied. Check the information for Panther users on Dan Kogai's page:

http://www.dan.co.jp/cases/macosx/psync.html

Dan's site indicates that you need gcc2 to compile on Panther -- except for the fact that Panther does not ship with gcc2 only gcc and gcc3.

Jaguar does ship with gcc2. It seems to compile correctly under gcc3, but ::info doesn't seem to work correctly. (Of course that was at 2am, and I haven't had a chance to get back to it yet.)

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# Beige G3 - Rev A motherboard - 768 Meg
# Flat-panel iMac (2.1) 800MHz - Super Drive - 768 Meg
# PWS433a [Alpha 21164 Rev 7.2 (EV56)- 64 Meg]- Tru64 5.1a
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]