Hi there

I recently wanted to export photo albums from iPhoto 4, including name
and comments. With Mac::Glue, this part works very well - thanks to
Chris Nandor (a code snippet is appended at the end of this post).

Now I want to access the current iPhoto selections in a Perl script. I
tried several things, but did not succeed in getting properties like
the comment. The closest I could get was:

use Mac::Glue;

my $iPhoto = Mac::Glue->new('iPhoto');
my $sel = $iPhoto->prop("selection");
my $count = $sel->count('each' => 'item');

foreach my $i ( 0.. $count) {
  my $prop = $iPhoto->prop(comment => item => $i, $sel);

  defined $prop or die "prop not defined";        # this works well
  my $comment = $prop->get;

  defined $comment or die "comment not defined";  # this does not :-(
}

So, anyone knows what to do here?

Thanks
Stephan

PS: here is the code snipper when using albums:

# [...]
my $album = $iPhoto->prop('current_album');
# [...]
my @propnames = qw/title comment date image_path/;
for my $i (1 .. $count) {
  my $photo = $album->obj(photo => $i);