>Looking at the main page of http://www.lists.perl.org, from where the
>list originates, I don't see any prohibition against commercial
>averts having to do with Perl, especially when it is an application
>to help create perl scripts.  Nor does there seem to be anything else
>in the page for the list other than "Discussion of Perl on macintosh
>OS X" in the Summary section.

Shall we also include instructions on:

 * no flaming.
 * no swearing.
 * no top-quoting.
 * no HTML email.
 * learn to snip properly.
 * no discussions about Reply-To.
 * we're not building a template engine.
 * read the archives first.
 * use proper subject lines (albeit, he did).
 * use descriptive subject lines.
 * read "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way"
 * read "How to Report Bugs Effectively".
 * no long threads about administrivia (doh!)
 * etc., etc., etc.

Seriously, if you're joining a mailing list, there are just certain
things you should know not to do or, at least, to ask an admin first.
It would seem, theoretically, that a programmer would know this stuff
in the first place (as opposed to, say, a quilting mailing list).
Compiling a list of all the bad things merely gives added license
for the one nasty thing that we forgot about.

-- Morbus Iff ( i put the demon back in codemonkey ) Culture: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.gamegrene.com/ Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom icq: 2927491 / aim: akaMorbus / yahoo: morbus_iff / jabber.org: morbus