On Mar 29, 2004, at 11:31 PM, Paul McCann wrote:

Hi Joseph,
        you wrote...

It's easy to replicate from the Finder.  You highlight the files and
double click holding shift down.
Also, you can highlight, then control click getting the menu and then
select open.

Thanks for the explanation, but my machine seems to be on a rather strict "one window for one file" kick at the moment. No matter what I try, including both of the above invocations. (10.3.3 here). Anyone else using 10.3.3 able to do the "many to one" trick in Preview?

So I can't test whether any of the applescript solutions match the
Finder behaviour (ie, they *all* do for me!).

Cheers,
Paul

Paul, I'm using 10.3.2. Maybe there is a bug, excuse me, an added feature in 10.3.3.

Joe.