Perfect. Thanks so much for your help. I'll implement the directory changes and we should be good to go.

Thanks,

Mark

On Apr 29, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Chris Devers wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, Mark Wheeler wrote:

I'm not on the network right now, but I'm presuming that the PC
drive(s) would appear in the /Volumes/ directory as well. Can you
confirm that?

Yes -- as a general rule, OSX mounts all filesystems other than the one you booted from under the /Volumes tree. This includes external drives, other locally attached physical discs (CD/DVD drives, Zip drives, etc), network shared drives (AFP, Samba, FTP, WebDAV, etc), and mounted disc images. I may have omitted some, but that gives you the idea.

The only way this is typically overridden is when, for example, you have
a NFS mounted /home directory tree, but that's probably more common with
bigger networks than home machines (I assume). That or when you have an
alias or symlink from /Volumes/$foo to /path/to/$bar, but even then it's
not that /Volumes isn't being used, it's just being supplemented.

So as the earlier mail you got suggested, everything is in /Volumes.

-- Chris Devers