Out of curiosity, does anyone have Apache::MP3 working on Panther?

I have it working just fine on a Debian machine at work, but it doesn't work at all on a Mac there, nor does it work on my Mac at home. In both cases, it just serves zero-length, null-content pages to all requests.

Nothing shows up in the Apache error log, and the access log shows the same sort of activity that the working Linux machine shows.

The Apache config on the Mac appears to be identical in every important way to the config on the Linux PC, save for adjusted path names.

I could get into specifics of how I have things configured, and would be happy to respond to such questions if you have any, but I really think there's just some sort of underlying bug on the Mac side that is short circuiting the application such that it does nothing. I've poked around on the interweb a bit and have found some people complaining about the same symptoms on their Macs, but no one seems to have any explanations.

Basic system info:

    $ hostinfo
    Mach kernel version:
         Darwin Kernel Version 7.4.0:
    Wed May 12 16:58:24 PDT 2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.7.7.obj~7/RELEASE_PPC

    Kernel configured for up to 2 processors.
    2 processors are physically available.
    Processor type: ppc970 (PowerPC 970)
    Processors active: 0 1
    Primary memory available: 1024.00 megabytes.
    Default processor set: 152 tasks, 303 threads, 2 processors
    Load average: 1.32, Mach factor: 0.67

    $ sw_vers
    ProductName:    Mac OS X
    ProductVersion: 10.3.4
    BuildVersion:   7H63

    $ which perl
    /usr/bin/perl

    $ perl -v|grep 'This is perl'
    This is perl, v5.8.1-RC3 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

The other machine I'm trying to run it on has the same config for everything except the hostinfo command; in that case, it's --

    $ hostinfo
    Mach kernel version:
         Darwin Kernel Version 7.4.0:
    Wed May 12 16:58:24 PDT 2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.7.7.obj~7/RELEASE_PPC

    Kernel configured for a single processor only.
    1 processor is physically available.
    Processor type: ppc7450 (PowerPC 7450)
    Processor active: 0
    Primary memory available: 1024.00 megabytes.
    Default processor set: 115 tasks, 239 threads, 1 processors
    Load average: 2.37, Mach factor: 0.28

As I say, more info is available on requst.

So -- anyone have Apache::MP3 working on Panther?

--
Chris Devers