On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Peter N Lewis wrote:

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Joseph Alotta wrote:

I want to back up my personal web pages that are on the earthlink server. I figure if I can mount them, then psync can do the rest.

Looks like this will work:

    $ mkdir /tmp/debian
    $ mount_ftp ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/

That's kind of the hard way unless you really want to do it from the Terminal.

Right, be he implies that he's trying to script it, so it seemed like a two-word shell command was the approach he was looking for. Getting the Finder seems cumbersome in this context.

   * it seems like the Finder can't browse this directory
   * I can't figure out how to unmount it... :-)

Neither of these are an issue if the Finder mounts it.

Right, but again, I'm working on the assumption that he's trying to get this done with shell tools, not the GUI. If you can mount a filesystem by poking at a command line tool, intuitively it seems like it should be much less overhead than bringing in the Finder & AppleScript machinery.

BTW, one little catch is that it is read-only.

For backups, that's probably okay though.

-- Chris Devers [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

np: 'Bank Of Boston Beauty Queen'
     by The Dresden Dolls
     from 'A Is For Accident'