On Feb 17, 2005, at 5:57 AM, Sherm Pendley wrote:

On Feb 17, 2005, at 8:31 AM, Richard Cook wrote:

Going through old list mail and found this one ... don't know if it's still relevant, but ... I have "identical" OS X 10.3.8 installs on two different machines ... identical that is except one has Xcode Developer Tools installed on it, and the other doesn't.

perldoc -f will not work on the Xcode-less machine, and contrary to what is said below, I don't see perlfunc.pod anywhere on the Xcode machine (where perldoc -f works).

perlfunc.pod is installed as part of the Developer Docs sub-package in Xcode. It's installed to:

/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/pods/perlfunc.pod

Yes, you're right ... I suppose that Find in the Finder doesn't find it because /System is excluded from Find, unless you specifically choose it?

Anyway, I too wonder why perlfunc.pod is not part of the default install, if perldoc is. Probably this has been or will be fixed ...