Perhaps I'm ranting but this IS an Apple based list.

In MacOS classic from M1, I can mount a folder that exists on M2 and another
folder that exists on M3.

Dragging a file, as an icon on a CRT connected to M1, from M2 to M3 goes
directly with no problem. I think it's because high level AppleEvents are set
up to handle copies and moves like that. The 128 kb/sec LocalTalk network it
was designed for may have had an effect.

But I can't do that if  M1 is running Tiger. Apple deliberately turned it off
for my OS 7 machines..

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, though not thoroughly, thought through.