On October 3 2001 Doug Wiebe wrote:
[...]
> On the subject of why Apple hasn't released PerlObjCBridge, I'll bear
> the blame for that. I have a one year old son and haven't had spare
> time lately to get PerlObjCBridge in the kind of shape where I would
> feel comfortable open sourcing it. But now that 10.0 and 10.1 are out
> the door I have dusted it off, although it remains a background
> priority task. The Darwin product manager has requested that it be
> added to Darwin, and that will happen as soon as I have the time to
> get it ready. I also hope that it will make it into the next major
> release of Mac OS X, although management still needs to approve that.
> My plan is to get the PerlProxy stuff in reasonable shape and then
> release it to Darwin fairly soon. I will leave it to the open source
> community to make the other improvements that people need for this to
> be generally useful for application development.

Hi Doug,

Any update on this? Your son should be 9 by now, so maybe you can
enlist him to wrap up PerlObjCBridge and release it to CPAN. :)

Well, kidding aside, is Foundation.pm and the necessary plumbing
still approved for open-sourcing by Apple?  It would be good if
we could build Perl 5.10.1 with it without having to wait for
OS X 10.7 to be released...

Cheers,
-Jan