Bugs item #555348, was opened at 2002-05-13 08:34
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107940&aid=555348&group_id=7940

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The installme droplet failes with long filenames.

After downloading Spreadsheet-WriteExecl-0.37.tar.gz from CPAN the
name gets shortened. In my example I have
  Festplatte:Desktop Folder:Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-0.37..gz
The installme script failes to match this properly and stops with
"cannot change to dir ..." because it tries to change to a directory
with the same filename as the archive.

After changing the name of the downloaded archive to Spreadsheet-WriteExcel.tgz
the installation starts but failes later with:

# Can't chdir Festplatte:Desktop Folder:Spreadsheet-WriteExcel: No such file or
directory

The workaround is of course manual installation.