At 20:20 +0300 2002.05.29, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>> Since we don't have $ENV{PERL_CORE} in MacPerl, I'm not sure what to do.
>> CGI/t/carp.t runs with the MacPerl tool, but when run with the app, test
>
>You should think of something :-) since many 5.8 tests assume
>$ENV{PERL_CORE}, they simply won't work right without.

I started setting PERL_CORE in the test suite this week.  You can just do
set -e PERL_CORE 1.  I am also setting this as a parameter for Makefile.PL
for building extensions.

>> *** Digest::MD5
>> The version in the Makefile (2.16) doesn't match MD5.pm's version
>> 2.20. Hence, loading will fail with:
>>
>> # Digest::MD5 object version 2.16 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.20.
>
>Where is the 2.16 in the Makefile coming from?  It should be coming
>from MD5.pm.

Fixed that one last night.  That's just my carelessness.  The Makefile
requires an optimization flag and I had trouble getting it to be produced
properly in the Makefile, so I just include an existing one and copy it
over, and neglected to bump the version in it when Digest::MD5 was updated.

Really, I should find a way to have the Makefile produced properly, instead
of manually bumping the version, but it seems more trouble than it is
worth, in light of other things that need to get done.  :-)

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/