At 13:46 +0200 2002.07.01, Thomas Wegner wrote:
>To make this function work, both the MacPerl app and the tool need to
>have a DLOG and DITL resource for the customized "Get Folder" dialog.
>(You'll know that old MacPerl 5.2.0.r4 had these resources.) Since
>the MacPerl app and tool need to be patched, I cannot simply offer a
>module on CPAN. So my idea is, either to add a module
>Mac::StandardFile::Choose (which is the current name) to the MacPerl
>core library, or to integrate the ChooseFSObject() function into the
>Mac::StandardFile module (which I would prefer).
>
>How do you like this idea?

I like it fine.  I remember seeing some cample code for a StandardGetFolder
or somesuch, and had been pondering something similar if I ever got a round
tuit.  Integration into the StandardFile module sounds great to me, unless
someone can come up with a reason not to do it.  As long as there's no real
problem with it, I see no reason not to include it in 5.6.1r2 (which is
being held up to get other bugfixes in, relating to GUSI etc.).

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/