I'm trying to eliminate redundant code between MM_Unix and MM_MacOS and I'm
noticing often the difference is MM_MacOS has to call to patternify() and
macify() sometimes.  Looking at those two routines and the sparse docs I
can't quite figure out what they do or what the difference is between them.
They both seem to be translating Unix filepaths to MacOS style, but there's
subtle differences between the two that I don't get.

Could someone have a look at patternify() and macify() in ExtUtils::MM_MacOS
and explain to me what they're doing and why they're different?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One