At 22:12 +0100 2003.01.09, Bart Lateur wrote:
>The safer but more complex way, is to always use sysopen(), and thus,
>convert the modes into numbers using the constants from Fctnl. I could
>have some errors, but I think this about covers it:

Note: this could only work for when IO::File has been passed more than 1
parameter (because the user might want magic open).  Your patch takes care
of that, but I just wanted to state it explicitly.

Another problem is that sometimes sysopen() is buggy.  :-)  There are a few
open bugs in MacPerl for this.  Or maybe one.  I forget.  It gets used
less, and because of that has more bugs, I think.

Anyway, we could also try if ($] >= 5.006) ... but I think that perl still
might fail on the prototyping.  Yeah, it does.

I'll probably whip up more than one patch, including yours, and let them
(p5p or Graham) decide which to use.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/