Ryan Schmidt wrote:
Having to specify "-ssl +gnutls" is stupid. The way I see it, "ssl" and "gnutls" are two radio buttons. To select the radio button you want, you shouldn't also have to manually deselect the radio button you don't want. It should be automatic. Fixed the lynx port so it behaves this way, in r33752. (No new portfile syntax needed. :))

Well, I just wanted to say how it is done until now. Indeed, your fix is a good thing as it also fixes the issues with upgrading.

Anyways, I was just talking about how we would write this "radio button choice" in a new syntax where default_variants will be gone.

Rainer