On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <
jerem...@apple.com> wrote:

> > Anyway, I don't see any valid reason why the macports user would have a
> fullblown icon cache. In my case each cache directory eats up about 900Mb.
> Some may find that insignificant; I still consider it a waste of space.
>
> That's pretty large.  I'm a bit surprised by that.

Some port somewhere likely builds the icon cache while building or
"installing" (destrooting) since it "knows" that it would only be built by
the person intending to use it and that nobody uses packaging on OS X. :/

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net