On 2016-10-15 01:50 , Ken Cunningham wrote:

I notice mdworker seems to go nuts during these long builds, often appearing to
soak up lots of cycles. I assume it’s trying to index all the build files, etc

is it easy to sleep that function and then re-enable it after the compile is

Not sure why this would be, since we set the hidden flag on ${prefix}/var/macports (technically $portdbpath) which should exclude it from Spotlight indexing. Maybe that doesn't work on 10.6? You could try adding it to the Privacy list in the Spotlight settings manually.

- Josh