On 07/11/16 16:52, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Nov 7, 2016, at 11:16 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvber...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, yes, I was indeed thinking about something more readable than
the old syntax (though I don't see what'd be wrong with making it
compatible with the `what` command).

Any sort of Git keyword expansion must happen client-side, which means
such keywords/markers would only be useful to developers who choose to
configure their local repositories appropriately, which means that they
can never be useful to more than a (very) small minority of us.

So no, I do not think we should introduce any form of this.

I completely agree. I for one would not like to see any auto-magic modification of the files I commit, by git. If the use case is just to find out the last modified time stamp, then the file browser in GitHub does this just fine, for the times it might be useful.

Chris