On 13 Jul 2017, at 18:08, Joshua Root <j...@macports.org> wrote:
> Fixed in master:
> <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/6c8c70b370753b9015400b27afdcd303b7a0cb63>

I understand that there's no additional name field for subports in the registry
and that they have the same hash. But I don't get how the additional checking
you introduced would prevent this from happening (I cannot speak the details of
tcl though). Neither I understand how only portfiles of these 15 out of ~130
ports that have subports/are subports were left in the registry. Only thing
that widly comes to mind — I haven't modified their portfiles locally, but
AFAIR of dependents on these while interrupting vim's editing process, but
again that would have meant leaving orphaned dirs for other ports too.