On 2018-2-14 22:11 , Umesh Singla wrote:
> For any discussions on this project, we can follow this thread. I am
> cc'ing dev list if anyone has any question or idea or extension to it.
>
>     > The first thing I would like you to do is to go through our current
> list of projects on Trac [0].
>     >
>     > Try adding/updating the descriptions for your projects or let me know.
> Remove anything which is outdated. As you probably know, you can also propose
> a new idea.
>     >
>     > Also, is there any project which you would like me to move up on the
> list? Currently, there are two projects on the list, "Improve startupitem
> code" and "Generating Portfiles" listing you as a potential mentor.
>

>     I’d love to see the startup item code more closely mirror the
>     capabilities of launchd :)
>
>     It would be able great to write some short hand in a portfile that
>     builds an xml launchd plist.
>

> That's good to know. I've moved this project up the list.

Just a heads-up, I have been reviewing all the tickets about
startupitems recently (after having ideas percolate for a long time) and
have just started committing code. I may close most or all of the
existing tickets in the not too distant future.

No doubt there is still more that could be done; just be aware this work
is happening when planning any potential GSoC project.

- Josh