On 2018-02-23 23:23, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> But it’s fancy, newish and cool, why isn’t everyone pulling teeth to be here.
>
> That said, github is a phenomenon.

I really have to say that this git bashing is rather moot.

I've worked with cvs, svn, clearcase, git, and all of them required some
sort of getting to know how they worked.

There's a bunch of great online resources, one of them the Pro Git book.

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

Just because somebody knows svn, it doesn't mean that they don't have to
learn git. A C programmer also has to learn how to write thread safe
programs. They can't and won't get that concept from the standard "Hello
world" example.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/