On Mar 10, 2018, at 11:42, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Rainer Müller (raimue) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-infrastructure.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/commit/d9aeeb32b22a06eb39f1a0317869e9c12e3ed021
>
> commit d9aeeb32b22a06eb39f1a0317869e9c12e3ed021
>
> Author: Rainer Müller
> AuthorDate: Sat Mar 10 18:05:21 2018 +0100
>

>     buildbot: Update status on GitHub after each build
>

>     This adds a status icon next to the commit in the commit log on the
>
>     GitHub web interface. The GitHub API key has to have at least
>
>     repo:status scope.
>

>     See: https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/statuses/

This is deployed, but each completed build's status overwrites the status of
the previous build. So which build you'll see as the commit status is random
depending on which builder takes the longest. Which isn't really random; it's
gonna be the PowerPC builder.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commits/master

According to the above API reference, we're supposed to be able to attach
multiple statuses (up to 1000) to each commit, and I see you've got a comment
in the master.cfg that buildbot 0.8.14 supports the context parameter, and of
course 0.8.12 doesn't, and 0.8.14 was never released, so this is terrible.

Shall we backport these PRs to our buildbot 0.8.12 port?

Add context field to GitHubStatus updates
https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1721

Include 'context' in the log message for 'GitHubStatusPush'
https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3773