On 15 March 2018 at 05:31, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Mar 11, 2018, at 06:01, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> We currently build ports in a somewhat random order (see
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52766). By default, the next build that
>> buildbot starts is the one that was scheduled first. But if multiple builds
>> happened to get scheduled at the same exact time, the order in which they
>> will build is undefined.
>>
>> We can fix this by adding a custom "order" property to each build, and
>> modifying our nextBuild function (mentioned in my previous email) so that it
>> looks not only at the scheduled timestamp but also the order property to
>> decide which build to pick.
>
> Thank you very much, Mojca, for fixing this!
>
> The property got called "priority" and right now the nextBuild function only
> looks at that, not the timestamp. This is fine, so long as portwatcher waits
> for all portbuilders to finish, as it currently does.

I semi-forgot about that. We should probably sort by timestamp first.
The question now is how to read the timestamp :)

>> I don't know whether we currently compute the *correct* order (dependencies
>> should build first) but if not that can be tackled later. A predictable
>> incorrect order is better than a random incorrect order.
>
> Thank you very much, Josh, for fixing this!

Thank you very much from me as well.

The variant support from Clemens now needs slight adaptation after
this change. I wanted to test on a local buildbot setup, but I'm not
sure how the newly written function would behave.

https://github.com/macports/mpbb/pull/5

Moca