> On May 25, 2018, at 12:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>
> It's "broken" in that it links with libstdc++, even though MacPorts believes
> it will link with libc++ on your system. The rev-upgrade code in previous
> versions of MacPorts did not check for this kind of "broken".
>
> Fix it by fixing the build system to use the right C++ standard library (the
> one in the ${configure.cxx_stdlib} variable).

So this particular port comes up with this error probably because the
deployment target is set to 10.6 in the xcode project.

But there are _lots_ of ports that don’t build with the c++ stdlib specified in
cxx_stdlib.

These are forced one way or the other in a way that works to fix a problem —
eg. cmake and many others.

Also, on systems with libcxxonoldersystems, xcodebuild will not accept certain
settings on certain systems, even if we know they could work with our newer
compilers.

We might see quite a few errors with this, I suspect…

Ken