On Dec 3, 2018, at 09:55, Michael Dickens wrote:

> Re: <
> https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/7921b2e05e9a4c9cda6efedee496affb305dcc07
>  >:
> {{{
> Date:   December 29, 2017 at 10:54:09 AM EST
> Author: Andrew L. Moore slewsys@...
> Committed by Mojca Miklavec mojca@...
>
> portextract: Create symlink if no $worksrcpath
>
> If expected extract path doesn't exist, create a symlink
> from expected directory to the actual one.
> If $worksrcdir is explicitly set, nothing is done.
> }}}
>
> This commit breaks the extract for "cmake-devel". Is the issue with the
> Portfile, or with the commit? I'll look into this issue when I have a chance,
> but maybe someone else (Mojca?) will get there first! - MLD

That PR was submitted a year ago. It was high time to merge it.

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/pull/55

It was hoped that this would make many ports easier to write, without needing
to set worksrcdir. Much testing was done to determine what negative impact this
change might have, and some ports were identified that needed changes to be
compatible with this. Most of those ports were already fixed to be compatible
with both current MacPorts and the above PR. Looks like as of today only one
port remains to be modified:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/1760

It is certainly possible that some ports were missed. If you need help figuring
out what to do with cmake-devel, let us know what the error is.