On Mar 25, 2020, at 11:28, SAPTARSHI MUKHERJEE wrote:

> Thanks Sir, for the valuable information. It appears that the problem is in
> fact, that the port medusa has got outdated. I regret that I got digressed
> from the prime issue - Inability to build and test port in my local machine.
> (Error encountered on trying "sudo port test" inside the directory of the
> port) I've followed the guidelines in
> http://mac-os-forge.2317878.n4.nabble.com/Unable-to-execute-port-Could-not-open-file-td364084.html,
>  but adding permissions using chmod didn't help (all necessary files seem to
> possess 777 permission). Any suggestions in this regard will immensely help.

Again, not seeing the log file means I have to guess about what's going on.

Is your local ports directory somewhere within your home directory? If so, what
are the permissions of your home directory? The default permissions for home
directories seem to be 755 which should be fine.

Is it within one of the standard directories inside the home directory, such as
Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.? If so, what are the permissions of that
standard directory? The default permissions of those standard directories seem
to be 700 which do not allow other users (including the macports user) to see
things in them.

In general, check the permissions of every directory from the one containing
the Portfile all the way up to the root and make sure that they all allow other
users to read their contents.

One solution for avoiding these problem is to move your local ports directory
outside of your home directory.