On 3/28/2020 1:58 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
On 2020-3-28 17:45 , SAPTARSHI MUKHERJEE wrote:
Hi All,

Trying the build of port jamvm (after modification in an attempt to
update to version 2.0.0) on MacOS Catalina, I'm encountering an error as
"*x86_64-apple-darwin19.3.0 not supported*". The associated PR
is https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/6673 and the main.log
and config.log files are attached below. May kindly see and suggest the
needful.

It seems fairly clear that the configure script thinks that this host
type is not supported. I see x86_64 was previously excluded from
supported_archs and you are adding it in the PR. How did you determine
that the new version supports darwin x86_64?

- Josh

As of 2.0.0 the project's README indicates it supports x86_64:
https://sourceforge.net/p/jamvm/code/ci/master/tree/README

I haven't looked any further into what might be wrong, though.
The upstream project appears to be dormant since this release (2014),
and the port has been outdated since 2008. A few months ago I was
under the impression that its dependency gnu-classpath was having
problems (for this port, a solution might be to migrate it to the
Java portgroup since it should now support using OpenJDK instead).
So maybe this is a port to consider deleting instead, and there are
likely better ports to try working on to get the hang of MacPorts.

Christopher A. Chavez