I mean, you can maybe describe the “feature set” of the prebuilt binary in
the variant description and forbid all the other variants… Can’t you?

PS: Maybe “prebuilt_binary” is not the right wording since most of the
ports can already be installed as “prebuilt_binary”. Maybe it should be
something like “bin_only” ?

PPS: As I already said, ports that are open source should be fixed at least
on the buildbot  machines in order to be able to build them from sources
(as the upstream developer did) allowing few, highly selected, exceptions
(as the java stuff that was already mentioned).

          _
https://rdb.is

On 15 August 2020 at 01:11:23, Ken Cunningham (