Hi Ken,

To get specific/technical, if you view the raw source for the first mail I sent
in this tread, you will see it  has in its headers

thats the unique identifier for that mail.

Then, if you look at Joshua’s reply, it has

Its that Reference line that Mail applications use to know that that mail is a
reply to another mail, and exactly which mail it is. The then use these fields
to correct thread all the messages in a discussion in the right way.

Now, if you look at your reply, it is missing the Reference field from its
headers, even though it is a reply to another message.

Whatever emailer you are using is failing to add this.

cheers Chris