I’m trying to update a bunch of tensorflow packages, but am getting hung up on
bazel issues (see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/64442
<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/64442>).

I have a fix for this issue, but am unable to build either bazel 4.2 or 3.7
with the native /usr/bin/clang compiler, chosen by the current Portfile
settings. FWIW, the latest bazel version 5.2 (not yet updated into MacPorts)
builds with this compiler.

How does one reconfigure the bazel Portfile to use a previous version of clang
that has a chance of working to build previous versions of bazel, which are in
turn necessary to build the tensor flow packages.

Right now I’m just hacking at the settings in the current Portfile, but each
random hack just produces a different build failure.

E.g.
>     compiler.blacklist-append {clang >= 900}
>
>     compiler.blacklist-append {clang < 710}
>
>     compiler.blacklist-append {macports-clang-[7-8].0}
>
>     set min_darwin    16
>

> :info:build ../usr/bin/xcrun --sdk macosx /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-13
> -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -fobjc-arc -framework CoreServices -framework
> Foundation -o
> /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_ports_devel_bazel/bazel-4.2/work/.tmp/bazel_1HyYSmmI/archive/xcode-locator
>  tools/osx/xcode_locator.m
> :info:build ld: file not found:
> /opt/local/libexec/llvm-13/lib/arc/libarclite_macosx.a
> :info:build clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
> see invocation)

These binaries used to build. How does one determine the Xcode/llvm/compiler
settings that will get them to build again?