On Nov 15, 2007, at 13:26, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

Hey, this might be a dumb question, but I don’t see it readily in the wiki
or on the website or whatnot...

I want to install macports on an OS X server (10.4 Tiger), but am having
some difficulty.

I installed the Xcode Tools, using default selections, and then installed macports. I then tried port selfupdate, and it complained about Library not
loaded (I can give details if needed.)  So I consulted the website...

The website says to install Xcode Tools, and go into options, and include
X11.  But X11 is grayed out so I can’t.

And now I’m in the situation where I don’t know what to do next.  Any
suggestions?

Again, if this isn’t something obvious, I can include details of error
messages, etc. I just thought I’d keep it stupid for the moment, and see if
someone can tell me something obvious.

We'll definitely need to see the exact error messages you're getting.