On Nov 15, 2007, at 17:37, William Davis wrote:

On Nov 15, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Kurt Hillig wrote:

I'm trying to install gnucash, and running into a problem with slib-guile16.

It looks like there's a bug in its installation script (makefile? I'm new to this stuff), in that it tries to create a link that already exists, causing it to bomb:

 G5Q > sudo port install -f gnucash +guile16
 --->  Staging slib-guile16 into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: could not create new link "/opt/local/var/macports/build/ _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_deve l_slib-guile16/work/destroot//opt/local/share/guile/slib":
 that path already exists
 Error: The following dependencies failed to build: slib-guile16

I've verified this by installing XCode and macports (the latest versions) on my brand new laptop and simply trying 'port install slib-guile16'; it builds the dependencies but then fails to install slib-guile16, giving the same error message.

As I said, I'm new to this stuff; if I knew where to look I might be able to fix it, but there are a lot of files to poke through and I don't really know what does what...

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

> Computers were invented to help people waste more time faster <

gnucash lists both guile16 and slib-guile16 as dependentcies, however guile16 also lists slib-guile16 as a dependency. I wonder if this is causing two build attempts on slib-guile16 and producing your error? Just a guess......

William, that definitely cannot be the problem. If MacPorts had such a problem, practically nothing could be installed. It's perfectly normal to declare dependencies in that way.

Kurt, I get the same error as you when trying to install slib- guile16. The portfile is clearly in error. Please file a bug report in Trac and be sure to assign it to the port's maintainer so this can be fixed.