On Mar 29, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Emil Lundberg wrote:

Still failing to get 64-bit MacPorts to work properly, I though I'd relay my progress so far. The short story is some ports do not compile properly as ppc64. Others do, but don't compile properly on x86_64. I'm prepared, of course, to notify the individual maintainers of these ports, but first I'd like your opinion on whether my general strategy is sound.

I don't think your general strategy is sound - it essentially tries to side-step the real problem, which is to get support for universal binaries working properly in base/ and across the collection.

Some resources aimed in that direction would be greatly appreciated by a number of people, including but not limited to those who know what needs to be done but are too busy to do it themselves. :-)

- Jordan