On Apr 20, 2008, at 1:51 AM, Kok-Yong Tan wrote:
Something weird happened: After attempting to start wireshark via both "wireshark" and "sudo wireshark" and waiting for over 3 minutes for it to show its GUI or send some output to the xterm I had started it from (my system load numbers are around 0.65), I forgot about it and left it running while I switched over to do some online research on my web browser. Over twenty minutes later (I started it around 2:05am and it didn't pop up until 2:29am!!!), the wireshark GUI suddenly popped up after first displaying the usual "loading" status bar. And in the xterm it started from, I got these errors just as the status bar was moving across the "loading" window:

(wireshark:1036): Pango-WARNING **: Error loading GDEF table 28333

(wireshark:1036): Pango-WARNING **: Error loading GSUB table 28333

(wireshark:1036): Pango-WARNING **: Error loading GPOS table 28333

[snip]

I do not know what is going on but I am trying to find out. Please see:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/15052