Hello,

(Running MacBook Pro, with latest Leopard and MacPorts, and Xcode 3.0.)

I built gnutls yesterday, because I thought mutt might need it for smtp authentication (no such luck!). In doing that, I got several errors and I'm not sure why.

The first was that libgcrypt couldn't find libgpg-error, even though port had just installed libgpg-error. The solution was for me to add a configure argument to the Portfile:

--with-gpg-error-prefix=/opt/local

Then it worked.

I then had to tell opencdk where to find libgcrypt, even though it had just been installed!

--with-libgcrypt-prefix=/opt/local

And then I had to that same libgcrypt prefix argument to the gnutls configure args.

If I may ask, does this indicate that my MacPorts installation is flawed somehow, because these files weren't being found?

If not, should I submit bug reports for these?

Thanks for your time and help.

Brian