On May 14, 2008, at 5:39 PM, Robert Liesenfeld wrote:
I think this is what the "port fetch portname" command does, isn't it?

yep, although it's possible for variants to alter which files are fetched, so you have to be a little careful if you want to make sure you get all the files that you need for later offline use.

(Possibly including verification of checksums of said distfiles.)

nope, that happens in the 'checksum' phase (which is usually run right after fetch).

--
Daniel J. Luke